Comb for the Leatherman FREE SeriesRegular price $15.00
This modification adds a plastic hair comb to your Leatherman FREE P4, P2, Mr. Crunch, or T2 or T4
- An every day carry comb you can keep on your multitool.
- Built-in thumb-tab for easy deployment.
- Strong and highly flexible Nylon 11 material.
- 0.1" thick. The same thickness as the Main Blade, Serrated Blade or Scissors.
- Hole for an optional retaining magnet. (P series only)
- White material can be dyed using alcohol based inks.
- Your current selection: Replaces the Serrated blade or Scissors
- Your current selection: Replaces the Main Blade or Saw
The saw on the FREE P4 is thinner than the comb , but the comb can be installed if you remove some of the thin washers that are between the thin implements on your P4.
- T2 & T4 version coming soon...(In prototyping)
- Your current selection: Short Version, Replaces the Main Blade on the T2 or T4
- This part doesn't have room for the magnet, but is retained by the cam on the tool.
Optional Retaining Magnet:
Because the material is non-magnetic: A hole has been designed in to add an optional retaining magnet.
Due to the way Shapeways works: The magnet needs to be purchased separately.
The recommended magnet is 1/8" Diameter x 1/10" Thick neodymium magnet. The following magnet is compatible:
A small bit of super-glue may be used to hold the magnet.
The tool must be taken apart to install this modification. Any warranty concerns are entirely up to the user.
- You will need two Torx T9 bits to remove the screws holding the tool together.
- The screws need to be loosened by holding one side with a bit, and turning the other side.
- The screws are secured using thread-locking compound, and heat may be required to loosen the compound.
- Care should be taken to open the tool on a clean surface.
- Keep the thick washer between the scales and the comb.
- The tightness of the tool will depend on the amount of torque you apply during reassembly.
FREE P4 stack-up:
FREE P2 stack-up:
What am I getting / not getting?:
This list will update depending on the options selected
● One 3D Printed comb, meant to replace the Serrated blade or Scissors
● One 3D Printed comb, meant to replace the Main blade or Saw*
● Leatherman Tool