My goal is to create a fully functional Pip-Boy 3000 MK IV, as seen in Fallout 4.
This project was started just after the teaser video for Fallout 4 was released.
The mechanical design is complete, but the electrical design is taking much longer due to limited screen options on the market.
- Game accurate CAD design
- Electrical functions
- Real Geiger tube based counter
- Simulated magnetic Geiger counter
- Analog rad gauge
- Real and simulated FM radio
- Backlit guages
- Functional comms cable
- High res LCD screen
- Holotapes with optical data transmission
- Full mechanical functions
- Attaches to arm using latching mechanism
- Working holotape cassette mechanism
- Detents on knobs
- Geared down radio knob
- Retractable cable reel
- Display stand with hidden charging
Date Started: Aug, 19, 2015
Date finished: Work in progress